Are you facing a criminal charge? You need to hire the best criminal barrister for the case, if you want the best outcome from it. With there being so many criminal barristers in the UK, it might be overwhelming to find the right one. However, with these amazing tips, you’re in luck,
1. Passionate – You need a barrister who is passionate about the law and loves their work. Basically, they will find any possible loophole to make sure you don’t get the worst outcome and dedicate themselves to your case. Look for someone who will listen to your case and shows interest in it as well as is ready to fight for you.
2. Experienced – Hire a barrister who has experience in handling criminal cases. Find out their track record in handling cases and whether or not they have had good outcomes in the last few cases. Someone with enough experience can go through all the possible statues and discover the best ways to defend you.
3. Instinct- How do you feel when you first talk to the barrister? Are you comfortable sharing your case without being judged? Does the barrister dedicate his/her time to listen to you and write notes about your case? Basically, you need to consider your gut when you’re hiring a criminal barrister. If you’re not comfortable, don’t hire one until you feel that you can trust them with your case.
4. Strong Legal Team – If you want the best outcome out of your legal case, you need to hire a criminal barrister with as strong legal team to back them up. For instance, there should be administrative staff, paralegals and investigators who are working together for your benefit. You should ask to meet the team before you sign up.
5. References – A good criminal barrister should have a good reputation to help you make your mind about hiring them. Before looking for a barrister, you can always ask for recommendations from other people in the legal niche. If you get many referrals to one barrister, you’re likely in the best hands with your case. Don’t forget to check their references in the legal community to determine whether or not they are good at their job. One very prominent criminal barrister is Michael Wolkind QC, who is frequently featured in national media.
In conclusion, you need to work with a criminal barrister who will work for you without any doubt. Therefore, take your time to do the research and find a good one.